There are all sorts of organic products on the market today. The demand for healthy household items has increased and with that, an ever-expanding array of natural makeup, clothing, and more.
While the options may seem overwhelming, it just takes some research to find what’s best for you and your needs.
Here is a list of organic products we recommend to help you get started.
- Yay for Earth Sensitive Skin Face Lotion: This is a zero waste product created in Brooklyn by Stevie Van Horn. Stevie lives a zero waste lifestyle and opts for clean and natural products that embrace minimalism. The lotion ingredients are very straightforward: organic olive oil, local beeswax, organic shea butter, raw local honey, and organic pomegranate seed oil. Pro Tip: follow her on Instagram so you know when she’s making a fresh batch. It sells out fast!
- RMS Coconut Cream: This organic cream can be used as both a facial moisturizer and a makeup remover. The coconut oil used is freshly harvested. Coconut oil is known for its high levels of lauric acid, making it antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal.
- Fitglow Calm Cleansing Milk: This is an excellent organic cleanser for those with sensitive skin or rosacea since it’s incredibly gentle and nourishing. It includes organic cucumber and aloe juice to help soothe the skin.
- Osmia Black Clay Facial Soap: Osmia was created by Dr. Sarah Villafranco who was working as an ER doctor before launching the skincare company in 2012. The Black Clay facial soap is one of Osmia’s most popular products. It includes ingredients such as organic almonds, organic avocado, black Australian clay, and Dead Sea mud. It’s great for combination skin or those who suffer from perioral dermatitis.
- Annmarie Neroli Toning Mist: This toner hydrates, soothes, and refreshes the skin. Use AM or PM. It also helps your nighttime moisturizer or serum absorb into the skin, making sure you get the full effects of your skincare routine. Ingredients include neroli essential oil and organic aloe vera.
- RMS “Un” Cover-Up: Rose Marie Swift loves using organic coconut oil in her makeup products. This two-in-one concealer and foundation is used by professional makeup artists to give their clients a natural look. It evens out the skin tone without feeling heavy or cakey. Available in eight shades.
- RMS “Un” Powder: This translucent powder is talc-free and is made to work perfectly with “Un” Cover-Up, though it can be used with other foundations. It minimizes the appearance of pores and absorbs oil without those toxic chemicals found in conventional powders.
- RMS Buriti Bronzer: While it’s primary use is as a bronzer, this product also makes a stunning deep brown eyeshadow.
- ILIA Multi Sticks: Multi sticks are exactly what they sound like: a multi-purpose product that is incredibly convenient while on the go. Use on your lips, cheeks, and even as an eyeshadow.
- 100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara: This mascara gives your lashes volume without the harmful chemicals. It includes ingredients such as seaweed, green tea, and coffee beans.
- Organic Kapok Pillow: Kapok is the fluffy plant-based alternative to down. It gives you that luxurious softness without the feathers. This GOTS-certified organic pillow is customizable so you can remove as much fill as you’d like to adjust the height and overall feel.
- Organic Wool Pillow: If you sleep hot, this is the pillow for you. Wool helps stabilize temperature and promote moisture evaporation for dry comfort. This pillow is also customizable.
- Organic Body Pillow: Body pillows are designed to keep your spine aligned as you sleep on your side. They’re also incredibly useful for pregnant women and nursing moms. These body pillows are customizable and available in several sizes and fills.
- Organic Duvet Insert: A duvet insert can be placed inside a duvet cover or used alone as a comforter. This duvet insert is made of certified organic wool and covered in a certified organic sateen fabric. The entire product as a whole is GOTS-certified organic.
- Organic Sheets: Your skin comes in direct contact with your sheets so opting for organic ones is crucial. These GOTS-certified organic sateen sheets are made with fine, long-staple cotton. The natural cream color blends beautifully with any decor.
Okay, so we couldn’t just choose one clothing item for these brands so we’ll let you select your must-have sweater or t-shirt from each of these ethical clothing companies.
- People Tree: This British brand is considered a pioneer in the slow fashion movement, speaking out against unethical practices in manufacturing facilities that have both social and environmental consequences. In the past, People Tree has partnered with Emma Watson, another prominent voice in the push towards more eco-friendly fashion.
- Organic by John Patrick: The name says it all. Discouraged by the environmentally harmful mentality of fast fashion, John Patrick created Organic in 2004. As stated on the clothing brand’s website: “Organic doesn’t ask either/or. It answers both/and. Beauty and ethics. Green and global. These aren’t binaries of opposition, they’re gradients of possible.”
- PACT: While they’re known for their GOTS-certified organic cotton underwear, PACT also carries organic cotton dresses, sweatpants, and hoodies.
- Solo Six: Solo Six is your go-to destination for organic cotton sweaters and cardigans. They also offer cozy alpaca and wool sweaters. Their clothes are made exclusively with natural and biodegradable materials and the sourcing and manufacturing process is ethically sound. Academy Award winner Brie Larson is a big fan of the brand.
- Synergy: This organic clothing brand is committed to sustainability by using GOTS-certified organic cotton, recycled polyester, and low impact dyes. The garments are sewed in GOTS-certified factories where workers make a living wage.
- Lesser Evil Oh My Ghee Popcorn: This tasty snack is certified organic, kosher, and gluten-free. As you may have guessed from the name, it includes organic grass-fed ghee! Switch out your buttery popcorn with this healthier version.
- Nature’s Path Organic Frosted Toaster Pastries: Looking for a natural alternative to a beloved sweet snack? Nature’s Path is a great option. This family-owned business offers tasty treats that are certified organic and BPA-free. Available in several delicious flavors.
- Annie’s Snack Mix: If you’re craving something salty, Annie’s Snack Mix is a cheesy, crunchy, yummy, certified-organic snack.
- My Super Cookie Organic Chocolate Whole Grain Cookies: These cookies satisfy that chocolate craving with a healthier approach. Ingredients include organic whole wheat flour, organic coconut oil, and organic chia seeds.
- Cascadian Farm Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars: These granola bars are an excellent organic and cholesterol-free snack that you can take anywhere!
Organic Pet Products
- Organic Pet Beds: Your pet deserves the very best. Savvy Rest offers an organic dog bed and an organic cat bed. These comfortable pet beds are made of natural latex and covered in organic cotton. The outer cover is washable.
- Wet Noses Organic Pumpkin Treats: These organic treats are great for dogs with sensitive stomachs since pumpkin is easily digestible and high in fiber.
- Organix Organic Peanut Butter Dog Cookies: It’s no secret that dogs love peanut butter. These yummy treats are USDA organic and are sure to be a hit with your furry best friend.
- Organix Organic Grain-Free Chicken Cat Food: Free-range organic chicken is the main ingredient in this healthy cat food. Other ingredients include organic coconut flour, organic pea protein, and organic flaxseed.
- Simply Fido Organic Plush Toys: Simply Fido carries several organic cotton plush toys. They also offer rope and rubber toys.