Savvy Rest non-toxic furniture includes the following natural materials:
- Certified sustainable maple hardwood
- GOTS-certified organic upholstery (hemp, cotton duck, hemp-cotton blend)
- Cradle-to-Cradle GOLD natural Talalay latex
- Certified organic wool batting
- Natural jute webbing
- Natural coir (coconut fiber with natural latex)
- Zero-VOC linseed oil
- Zero-VOC water-based finishes
Our Verona furniture line is free of chemical flame retardants, formaldehyde glue, cardboard, metal coils, particle board, plywood, and veneer.
Why do materials matter?
When you’re lounging on your sofa, you’re not only coming into direct contact with the materials used, but you’re also breathing in anything that piece of furniture is off-gassing.
Even the cleanest of homes have tiny dust particles floating around in the air. These dust particles act as sponges that absorb harmful chemicals that may be off-gassing from your mattress, sofa, chairs, etc.
That’s why it’s so important that your furniture does not include chemical flame retardants or is treated with harsh finishes that may contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Exposure to these chemicals can have adverse health effects.
Watch our video to learn more about toxic dust.