Shopping for the holidays but not sure where to start? We love a good “cozy themed” gift that your loved one can use rather than something that simply sits and collects dust.
We also encourage you to shop small and support small businesses this holiday season (and all year round)! That’s why we’ve curated a fun list of gifts featuring brands or independent artisans we love.
Whether you’re shopping for your spouse, your mom, your friend, or even yourself (no judgment), here are some relaxing gifts that are sure to be appreciated.
For the Reader
- Organic Cotton Throw Blanket by Savvy Rest: This organic blanket is perfect for cuddling up on the couch while reading a book. The blanket is a natural cream color with a beautiful herringbone weave. It also comes with a reusable tote bag.
- Handmade Book Sleeve by Queentopaz Creations (Etsy): These book sleeves are incredibly useful to those who travel with books and want to make sure they stay protected! Available in multiple patterns and sizes.
- Crochet Bookmark by ComicSamsCrafts (Etsy): Every reader needs a bookmark, and there’s nothing better than an adorable handmade one. This Etsy seller creates cute bookmarks in the shape of mushrooms, tea cups, and more.
- A Book You Love: This is a simple but meaningful idea. If you have read a book that holds a special place in your heart, why not give a copy to a friend who also loves that genre?
- A Handmade Mug: Every reader needs a mug for coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. There are dozens of options on Etsy or you can always check out your local consignment store for a special secondhand find.
For the Candle Queen (or King)
- Holiday Best-Seller Candle Bundle by Fontana: These festive candles are MADE SAFE certified and are crafted using high quality essential oils. This bundle includes Peppermint Twist, Fir Needle & Pine, and Citrus Peel & Pine.
- Green Fig & Ginger Candle by Sundays: Sundays uses 100% non-GMO soybean wax for their sustainable candles. The wick is made of 100% unbleached cotton and their candles never contain parabens or petroleum. We love the handmade ceramic container that can be reused as a pot for succulents or a decor piece anywhere in the house.
- GrowFragrance Candles: You might have heard of this brand for their natural home sprays but did you know they also make non-toxic candles? Choose between Pomegranate Fig, Amber Santal, or Blondewood for a cozy night in.
For the Sleepyhead
- Organic Cotton Sheets by Savvy Rest: There is nothing cozier than a fresh set of sheets. We love these organic sheets because they are crafted from high quality organic cotton that is free from toxic dyes, pesticides, bleach, and other harmful chemicals. They are also a neutral cream color so you know they will go with your friend’s bedroom decor.
- Organic Cotton Sleep Masks by The Good Tee: These sleep masks are fair trade certified and made using deadstock organic cotton that is GOTS-certified. We love that they use eco-friendly dyes and are utilizing fabrics that would otherwise be discarded.
- Handmade Nightlight: This is a unique and economical gift. There are so many beautiful handmade nightlights on Etsy that are crafted by talented artisans. Whether you think your friend would like a nature-inspired nightlight or one in the shape of a cat, there is something for everyone.
For the Mom-to-Be
- Organic Kapok Body Pillow by Savvy Rest: This organic body pillow is perfect to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Body pillows offer extra support while side sleeping and can help keep the spine aligned while providing plenty of pressure point relief. This particular body pillow is filled with soft, fluffy kapok. You can even add an organic waterproof mattress protector for extra coverage.
- Organic Waterproof Mattress Protector by Savvy Rest: This is a MUST for those who cosleep or for a child’s bed that faces the occasional accident. This even comes in handy for those with dogs or cats. Whatever your home environment, this is an excellent way to protect your mattress from all the spills and messes of life.
- TLC Trio by Natalist: Looking for a soothing gift during pregnancy? This trio includes nausea relief tea, belly oil, and cooling cream to help alleviate stomach aches and nourish the skin. These products are vegan, gluten free, paraben free, phthalate free, made in the USA, and 100% plastic neutral.
- The Baby Kit by Primally Pure: Can’t forget baby! If there is a newborn in your life, this baby kit contains a baby bar, baby oil, baby powder, and baby balm that are gentle enough for the most sensitive skin. Primally Pure uses sustainably-sourced ingredients that are wildcrafted and ethically processed.
For the New Homeowner
- The Essentials Bedding Bundle by Savvy Rest: If you’re looking to splurge a bit for a friend or relative who has bought a new home, this is the perfect gift. The Essentials Bedding Bundle comes with two shredded latex pillows, organic cotton sheets, and a waterproof mattress protector.
- Essential Oil Diffuser by Mountain Rose Herbs: We love the selection of essential oil diffusers at Mountain Rose Herbs. They will not only help fill your loved one’s new home with the gorgeous aroma of their favorite essential oils, but they also look like a decorative piece rather than just another device. They even have options for travel!
- Handmade Slippers: Etsy has a vast array of slippers that are cozy and ethically made. Slippers are one of those things that immediately creates a comfy, soothing feeling and that’s just what you need after a big move.
For the Animal Lover
- Organic Kapok Pillow by Savvy Rest: Kapok is a plant-based alternative to down that is perfect for your vegan friends, or really for anyone who loves a soft, cozy pillow!
- Savvy Doggy Pet Bed by Savvy Rest: This organic pet bed is a must for anyone with a dog! Filled with natural latex and covered in organic cotton, Savvy Rest pet beds are supportive and comfy. Maybe the dog will stop taking over the sofa!
- A Personalized Gift: You can find t-shirts, sweatshirts, blankets, and even art pieces that you can customize with your friend’s dog or cat! Etsy is a great place to start.
We hope this guide has helped you find the perfect gift for your loved one (or yourself).